Sembcorp Marine Reorganizes Its Global Presence
Singapore-headquartered Sembcorp Marine has reorganized its business as part of an ongoing “Transformation for Growth” strategy.
Sembcorp Marine is now one brand focusing on four key capabilities, namely, rigs and floaters; repairs and upgrades; offshore platforms; and specialized shipbuilding.
The company is also pleased to announce the following senior operations and commercial appointments:
• Mr Ong Poh Kwee as Chief Operating Officer
• Mr Wang Zijian as Head of Singapore Yard Operations
• Mr Ho Nee Sin as Head of Offshore Platforms
• Ms Wong Lee Lin as Head of Repairs & Upgrades
• Mr William Gu as Head of Rigs & Floaters
• Mr Freddie Woo as Head of Specialised Shipbuilding
In addition, Sembcorp Marine’s shipyards in Singapore will be known as:
• Sembcorp Marine Admiralty Yard
• Sembcorp Marine Benoi Yard
• Sembcorp Marine Pandan Yard
• Sembcorp Marine Tanjong Kling Yard
• Sembcorp Marine Tuas Boulevard Yard
• Sembcorp Marine Tuas Crescent Yard
• Sembcorp Marine Tuas Road Yard
“An exciting era of growth awaits us,” said Sembcorp Marine Chairman Tan Sri Mohd Hassan Marican, who has been leading the company’s transformation efforts since 2013.
“As an integrated Sembcorp Marine, we can further optimize our capabilities and capacities, as well as increase our efficiency and productivity to better serve our partners and customers.”
Sembcorp Marine President and Chief Executive Officer Wong Weng Sun added: “Our transformation is an ongoing process that allows us to constantly adapt and excel in the dynamic business environment.
“With the ability to embrace change, Sembcorp Marine will continue to stay ahead of the curve and partner with our customers and vendors for long-term success,” Wong said.
The products and services herein described in this press release are not endorsed by The Maritime Executive.