Industry Readies for Blockchain Summit Singapore
As MarEx continues its persistent coverage of blockchain technology for the maritime industry, we will be attending the Blockchain Summit Singapore on August 28.
Blockchain Summit Singapore is a one-day conference and exhibition connecting over 700 industry leaders, business decision makers, tech innovators and investors. Blockchain Summit is the largest dedicated Blockchain Event Series in the world. With no co-located side events, it is purely a Blockchain focused audience. There are over 60+ speakers, 25 case studies and 34 sessions planned for the 18 hours of content. Notable speakers will include:
- Mathias Steck, EVP & Regional Manager, DNV GL – Digital Solutions
- Dr. Meeta Yadav, Director of the Singapore Research Center (former Chief Data Officer for Blockchain Technologies), IBM
- Iris Taguet, Head of Blockchain Program, Air France KLM
- Bogusz Grotowski, Director & Senior Counsel APAC, Deutche Bank AG
- Brice Achkir, Ph.D, Cisco Distinguished Eng./Sr. Director, Cisco Systems
- Dr. Paul Sin, Partner, Asia Pacific Blockchain Lab – Deloitte
- Julian Wilson, Head of Mobile Innovation, Barclays
- Murali Rathnam, Head of Business Solutions Engineering, Western Union
- David Janczewski, Head of New Business & Strategic Intelligence, The Royal Mint
- Eva Kaili, Member & Chair of Science and Technology Options Assessment body, European Parliament
MarEx is a media partner for the summit, and we invite all maritime professionals in the region to attend in order to explore this revolutionary new technology. For those interested, please visit https://blockchainsummitsingapore.com/ for details, or reach out to MarEx contributor Sean McKay Holt (via LinkedIn).
The next edition of The Maritime Executive magazine will feature an editorial on disruptive technologies in the maritime industry. For those interested in contributing to the editorial, please also reach out to MarEx contributor Sean McKay Holt (via LinkedIn).To view our previous coverage of blockchain-based applications for maritime and port operators, please click here.
The opinions expressed herein are the author's and not necessarily those of The Maritime Executive.