New Exxon EAL Hydraulic Oils Deliver Enhanced Protection
ExxonMobil’s new Mobil SHC™ Aware™ HS (Hydraulic System) Series hydraulic oils are specially formulated to offer excellent protection, even in challenging marine operating environments. The oils meet the US Vessel General Permit (VGP) requirements (2) for Environmentally Acceptable Lubricants (3), making them ideal for operators in US inland and coastal waters.
The new oils’ balanced formulation helps to offer a range of performance benefits, including:
- Protection across a wide temperature range
- Superior low-temperature start-up*
- High resistance to oxidation and thermal damage* as well as excellent shear stability, which helps ensure a long operating life
The Mobil SHC Aware HS Series oils have passed the Eaton-Vickers 35VQ25 pump test and also meet Denison HF-1, HF-2 and HF-6 specifications. (1) The combination of these OEM approvals highlights the hydraulic performance of the lubricants.
“Based on our proprietary Mobil Hydraulic Fluid Durability (MHFD) testing, Mobil SHC Aware HS Series lubricants keep hydraulic systems cleaner for longer (4),” said JR Hand, US marine chief engineer at ExxonMobil. “This helps ensure outstanding performance, even under harsh conditions, safeguarding equipment against unscheduled maintenance and associated costs.”
Mobil SHC Aware Hydraulic HS lubricants are ideal for use in hydraulic equipment where VGP compliance is required and are suitable for a wide range of marine applications. These include hydraulic winches, ramps, hatches, doors, cranes and pumps and other deck equipment.
The new lubricants will be sold alongside Mobil SHC™ Aware™ H Series oils and will initially be offered throughout the United States. For more information, please visit https://www.exxonmobil.com/en/marine.
1. Meets ISO grades 32, 46 & 68
2. Mobil SHC™ Aware™ HS complies with US EPA VGP 2013 based on EU Ecolabel
3. Environmentally acceptable lubricants are defined in the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) 2013 Vessel General Permit (VGP) as lubricants that are biodegradable, minimally toxic and nonbioaccumulative
4. Compared with Mobil DTE™ 20 Series
* Compared with conventional mineral lubricants
ExxonMobil, the largest publicly traded international oil and gas company, uses technology and innovation to help meet the world’s growing energy needs. ExxonMobil holds an industry-leading inventory of resources and is one of the world’s largest integrated refiners, marketers of petroleum products and chemical manufacturers. For more information, visit www.exxonmobil.com.
The products and services herein described in this press release are not endorsed by The Maritime Executive.