Lloyd's Register - ISM Internal Auditor Training Course: Tuesday & Wednesday, October 25 - 26, 2011
ISM INTERNAL AUDITOR TRAINING COURSE
LLOYD'S REGISTER NORTH AMERICA, INC.
will be holding a (2) day training course on Corporate Social Responsibility for the Marine Industry . . .
What: 2-Day International Safety Management Internal Auditor Training Course
When: Tuesday and Wednesday: October 25 – 26, 2011
Where: Lloyd’s Register Training Center – 1000 S. Pine Island Road, Suite 530, Plantation, FL 33324
How: Contact email@example.com for more info - see attached booking form to reserve your space
How much: $1000
Training Course Overview
This two-day course, which is a combined ISM familiarisation and internal audit course, will help you develop a practical approach to the interpretation and application of the International Safety Management (ISM) Code.
Through a highly participative combination of presentations, group discussions, case studies plus individual and syndicate exercises, you will learn about and understand:
- the content of the ISM Code and its interpretation
- management systems and the risk management principles that underpin the ISM Code
- the principles and practice of auditing
Your company will benefit from having a team member who will be able to play an important part in ensuring the effectiveness and continual improvement of its management system. You will:
- gain knowledge of the background, objectives and impact of the ISM Code
- understand the principles of the ISM Code as a management system model
- be able to review and interpret the content of the ISM Code
- understand the basics of safety management and risk in shipping
- learn how to achieve continual improvement in a management system.
In addition you will gain knowledge of the key principles and current practices used in internal auditing including:
- the role and responsibilities of the internal auditor
- planning and preparation of the audit
- audit techniques
- the conduct of the audit
- the relationship between the auditor and the interviewee
- reporting the audit
- non-conformity and its resolution.
This course is of value to everyone whose duties involve matters of safety and pollution prevention, and who need to understand and participate in the audit process – not only those who are destined to become internal auditors. This course is recognised by the IMarEST and RINA as contributing to an individual member’s Continuous Professional Development requirements. This course will help you meet elements 9 and 12 of the Tanker Management Self Assessment (TMSA) guidelines.
Seating is limited, so please RSVP as soon as possible by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Look forward to seeing you there.
For more information on upcoming training courses offered by Lloyd’s Register Americas
Please contact email@example.com or call +1 954-236-3322