Industry Leaders Explore the Future of "Digital Ocean"
The World Ocean Council (WOC) announced the addition of a special plenary and panel discussion on the “Digital Ocean" at the Sustainable Ocean Summit (SOS), (Rotterdam, 30 Nov-2 Dec).
Supporting the SOS theme of “Ocean 2030: Sustainable Development Goals and the Ocean Business Community”, the Digital Ocean session will discuss the technological, business and economic opportunities afforded where instant access to ocean data, from anywhere around the globe, is easy, affordable and reliable.
The Digital Ocean session will take place on December 1, 2016 and will begin with a plenary keynote by Gary Gysin, President and CEO of Liquid Robotics® - leader in long duration unmanned surface vehicles.
Liquid Robotics’ President and CEO Gary Gysin will present the Digital Ocean vision of a networked ocean, connecting billions of sensors, manned and unmanned systems, and satellites for immediate access to information. A critical infrastructure requirement to support the Ocean 2030 and a safe and sustainable ocean economy.
Following the keynote, a distinguished panel of experts spanning private industry, science and government will address the technological, economic, regulatory and cultural impacts of a Digital Ocean. Panelists will share their perspectives and engage the audience in a Q&A session.
Moderating the panel is Justin Manley, President, Just Innovation and a renowned expert and author on unmanned maritime systems. The panelists are:
• Gary Gysin, President and CEO, Liquid Robotics
• Graham Stickler, Vice President, Products and Services, exactEarth
• Ami Daniel, CEO and co-founder, Windward
• Isabelle Duvaux-Béchon, Head of the Global Challenges and Partnerships Coordination Office (DG-SG), Strategy Department, European Space Agency (ESA)
• Kevin Forshaw, Associate Director, Innovation and Enterprise, National Oceanography Centre, UK
• Henry Kongevold, Vice President, Product and System Development, Inmarsat (invited)
• Mark Hewish, Managing Director, Big Ocean Data, Glovbaista (invited)
The products and services herein described in this press release are not endorsed by The Maritime Executive.