Port Canaveral Opens New Exploration Tower
Photo Courtesy of Port Canaveral Facebook
New Exploration Tower at Port Canaveral officially opens to the public on Nov. 4, 2013.
Opening of New Exploration Tower to Mark Port’s 60th Anniversary
Media/VIP event on Nov. 4th and Community Event on Nov. 9th
Port Canaveral, FL - October 29, 2013 - With community input into the name selected, the new Exploration Tower at Port Canaveral officially opens to the public on November 4 immediately following a special invitation-only Media/VIP event for community leaders as part of the Canaveral Port Authority’s celebration of the 60th anniversary of the harbor’s dedication. The $23 million, seven-story facility features an observation deck, exhibits, event space for lease, auditorium, gift shop and café. The iconic 22,000 square foot structure is expected to be a magnet for visitors to Brevard County, Florida and convey the rich maritime history of Port Canaveral, as well as reflect the stories of the region, including military battles, space, and beach culture.
• Iconic $23 million structure with 7-stories and 23,000 square feet
• Indoor and outdoor observation decks with panoramic views
• Hours of Operation: Opens at 9 a.m. with closing varying between 5 and 8 p.m.
• Gift shop and cafe
• 80-seat auditorium with short film featuring port and area history
• Virtual ship’s bridge allows visitors to pilot boat through the Canaveral Channel
• Displays/exhibits on natural history, eco-tourism, sports, space & maritime history
• Admission fees: $6.50 for adults; $3.50 for children; discounts for Brevard residents, seniors, and military personnel with proper ID.
• Event space. For leasing rates, contact Tara Ruch at 321-783-7831.
The products and services herein described in this press release are not endorsed by The Maritime Executive.