Mekong Club and HRAS to Deliver Responsible Recruitment Webinar
On 11th March 2020 3:30pm – 4:30pm (HKT / GMT +8) The Mekong Club, a leader uniting and mobilising the private sector for a common cause to disrupt and end modern slavery, and Human Rights at Sea, the independent human rights charitable NGO challenging abuse at sea, are joining together to present a public webinar: International Migration to Malaysia & Taiwan: Challenges and Promising Practises. This is part of the Mekong Club’s series lead on ‘Responsible Recruitment & Migrant Workers.’
Key Topics covered will be:
• Current and past trends of use of migrant labour, handling and remediation in the Taiwanese fishing sector and the Malaysian manufacturing sector.
• Risks and vulnerabilities of migrant workers: case studies from the ground.
• The role of recruitment agencies – the ‘good, bad and ugly’.
• Recent legal and policy developments nationally and internationally.
• Best and promising practices.
The products and services herein described in this press release are not endorsed by The Maritime Executive.