Challenges in the Shipping & Financial Markets Today Webinar, November 8, 2011
Capital Link Hosts Webinar on Challenges in Today's Shipping & Financial Markets
Tuesday, November 8, 2011, at 11:00 AM
ABN AMRO, Knight Capital Group, Seward & Kissel LLP, Wells Fargo Securities
Given the interconnectedness of the shipping and capital markets, this webinar aims to avoid focusing on just one area or sector. It seeks to provide a comprehensive review across many fields, specifically the shipping, financial, and capital markets. Below are some of the questions that participants will address:
- Which sector has been the most debilitated? Which sector is most likely to recover?
- With rates so low - such as in the tanker sector - how do we expect shipping companies to maintain profitability and commitment to safety and quality?
- Is it the opportune time to invest in shipping assets?
- What will happen to the orderbook? Will it be delivered, cancelled, or delayed?
- Is shipping overly dependent on emerging markets? How will emerging markets fare in a period of global softening?
- Are banks willing to make new loans? Do public companies have a better standing in comparison to private ones?
- Are we likely to see distressed loans and asset sales? Are we likely to see companies coming up with covenant issues?
- What are the new lending parameters?
- Although IPOs are current out of the picture, we are simultaneously hearing that there is a huge pipeline of IPOs if and when market turns. Why? What does this actually mean?
- Is there capital available for shipping companies today? If so, what type of capital? At what cost and for what use?
- Is loan/bond restructuring a likely occurrence? What types of activities do we see in terms of legal, capital raising, and commercial issues?
INTRODUCTORY REMARKS BY
- Mr. Nicolas Bornozis, President, Capital Link, Inc.
- Mr. Clay Maitland, Managing Partner, International Registries, Inc.
- Mr. Gust Biesbroeck, Global Head of ECT-Transportation, ABN AMRO
- Mr. William Kelly, Managing Director, Head of Equity Capital Markets, Knight Capital Group
- Mr. Michael Webber, Senior Equity Analyst, Wells Fargo Securities
- Mr. Gary Wolfe, Partner, Seward & Kissel LLP
The webinar will consist of a roundtable discussion with one moderator and four panelists. Rather than focusing on just the shipping markets alone, participants will comprehensively address the current trends and outlooks in the shipping markets, financial markets, and capital markets today. Lasting for 30 minutes or so, the webinar will be followed by a 15-minute Q&A session.
Q&A SESSIONS – Submitting Questions
Participants can submit questions to the panelists prior to or during the event through the special feature on the event page, or they can email them to us at questions@CapitalLinkWebinars.com.
A transcript of the panel discussion will be publicly available at no cost within approximately 48 hours after the event. Those interested can request it when they register for the event or afterwards through the event page as indicated.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Buy Side Analysts and Portfolio Managers - Chief Investment Officers - Chief Risk Officers - Commercial Bankers - Energy & Commodities Traders - Financial Advisors - Financial Planners - Hedge Fund Managers - Institutional Sales - Investment Bankers - Law Firms - Private Bankers - Private Equity Firms - Registered investment Advisors - Retail Brokers - Sell Side Analysts - Ship Brokers - Ship Charterers - Ship Operators - Ship Owners - Sovereign Wealth Funds
ABOUT CAPITAL LINK
Capital Link is a New York-based Investor Relations and Financial Communications firm. Capitalizing on our in-depth knowledge of the shipping industry and capital markets, Capital Link has made a strategic commitment to the industry becoming the largest provider of Investor Relations and Financial Communications services to international shipping companies listed on the U.S. and European Exchanges. Capital Link's headquarters are in New York with a presence in London and Athens.
In our effort to enhance the information flow to the investment community and contribute to improving investor knowledge of shipping, Capital Link has undertaken a series of initiatives beyond the traditional scope of our investor relations activity through its websites, weekly eNewsletter, webinars, forums, and Capital Link Maritime Indices.