U.S. Consulate Warns of Terrorist Threat in Surabaya
Security Alert: Security Threat at Airlangga University in Surabaya, Indonesia (August 23, 2018)
Location: Surabaya, Indonesia
Event: There are media reports indicating the potential for terrorist attacks in Surabaya and other areas of Indonesia, including the potential targeting of Western interests at Airlangga University on August 23, 2018. Out of an abundance of caution the U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya is closing its American Corner at Airlangga University on August 23.
Actions to Take:
- Review and reconsider your plans to visit Airlangga University on August 23, 2018.
- Exercise a high degree of caution when visiting places where Westerners may congregate, including but not limited to hotels, schools, universities, and shopping centers.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
The products and services herein described in this press release are not endorsed by The Maritime Executive.