Vice President (VP) of Commercial Operations
Liberty Global Logistics is looking for a Vice President (VP) of Commercial Operations in Lake Success, NY (Long Island) with the overall responsibility of maximizing profitability and voyage results through the daily leadership and oversight of all Trade Solutions and Maritime Services activities. This role will report to the President and will focus on items including, but are not limited to, vessel utilization, tonnage planning, capacity management, earnings per day, vessel utilization, stowage planning, stevedoring, port and terminal operations, cost management, cargo quality, commercial services, and third-party carrier relationships on a global basis. In addition, the VP of Commercial Operations will investigate and analyze commercial and other business opportunities.
The VP of Commercial Operations will also be responsible for the general supervision of all day to day aspects of the shipping business of LGL and for the development, expansion and long-range planning of LGL. This role is responsible for overall performance and management of organizational activities, financial growth and stability, management and oversight of all personnel and operations. This involves monitoring results and performance, anticipating new market trends or opportunities and to develop, evaluate and provide various tracking and reporting devices.
Education, Training & Experience
The ideal candidate will be experienced in dealing with all aspects of trade management, trade analysis, voyage optimization and results, OEMs Manufacturers, Freight Forwarders, NVOCCs and other cargo shippers and receivers; while skilled in all types of vessel planning, cargo stowage, cargo stowage principles, cargo lashing, and cargo handling gear on all vessels including roll-on/roll-off vessels, general cargo ships, and bulk carriers. Familiarity with port and terminal operations and efficiencies. Ability to manage individuals and work as part of a management team.
- Extensive RORO, B/B experience
- Prior experience in Trade Management, Cargo Allocations, Vessel Utilization, Stowage Planning, Capacity Planning and Optimization
- 4 Year degree, Maritime or Supply Chain/Logistics preferred
- Strong Leadership & Communication Skills
- Strong Negotiations Skills – Contract Management
- 5 years in a similar role or minimum 15 years maritime shoreside or combination with sailing experience
- Knowledge of commercial and military trades and operations concerning cargo and related activities
- Port, Terminal, and Stevedoring Operations
- P&L accountability experience
- Third Party Carrier Relations – Space Charter Agreements
Applicants must submit resumes to: email@example.com