Marine Engineering Curriculum Development Instructor/Developer
S.T.A.R. Center is currently seeking a well-qualified and experienced individual to work in our Curriculum Development department. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and delivery of S.T.A.R. Center curriculum, with a focus and expertise in marine engineering subjects. This will include acting as a subject matter expert in designated subject areas and communicating relevant advances and information as it may apply. A high degree of proficiency with MS Office is required.
Graduate of a 4-year accredited college program leading to a bachelor’s degree (Engineering or Marine Engineering preferred)
- Education and/or training in curriculum development and adult learning techniques (desired).
- Proficiency as a marine engineer instructor or trainer including curriculum development (desired).
- Understanding of USCG marine engineering licensing and course approval process (desired)
- Maritime experience and certification appropriate to the subject area of instruction (desired).
- Highly proficient with all key MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Ability to develop and instruct courses in assigned subject areas in accordance with CFR & USCG NVIC requirements and the organization’s Quality Management System to all customers.
- Ability to advise appropriate organization personnel of changes and recommendations IAW regulatory approvals and continual improvement by remaining current with relevant regulations and technologies in main subject areas.
This position includes a competitive compensation package based on experience. We will be accepting resumes through Nov 26, 2023.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to Human Resources at [email protected].