Account Manager, Marine
Vacancy in Wärtsilä North America, Inc.
Position: Account Manager, Marine
Reporting to: Regional Sales Director, WNA
Location: New Orleans, LA; Houston, TX
Wärtsilä in Brief:
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasizing sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximizes the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2017, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.9 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
Wärtsilä North America, Inc. is seeking a qualified candidate to fill an Account Manager, Marine position located in New Orleans, LA or Houston, TX. The Account Manager, Marine will report directly to the Regional Sales Director, WNA.
The Account Manager, Marine will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Management of (both new and existing) customer accounts (shipyards, designers, owners and operators) in the United States.
- Maintain, Develop and Build new customer relations.
- Maximize sales volumes while maintaining good profit margins for all Wartsila Marine Solutions.
- Strong focus on uncovering customer needs and communicating those needs across the organization.
- Frequent visits to customers to include “road shows” in conjunction with segment and product experts.
- Lead and manage (often virtual, changing) capture teams comprising of representatives of many different product/business lines within the company.
- Together with your (virtual) sales team build compelling value propositions covering the customer needs and showing the real value.
- Maintain frequent, accurate, and useful updates of customer interactions (visits), opportunities, and customer intelligence in CRM.
- Develop and manage account plans/profiles and actively participate in account strategy sessions.
- Collect and communicate market intelligence.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of contracts.
- Proactively work to enable cross-divisional and cross-organisational cooperation.
Wärtsilä is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply. Wärtsilä complies with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. In an effort to maintain a drug-free workplace, we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
Minimum Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Economics or equivalent
- Master’s Degree Preferred
The Account Manager, Marine must have a strong track record in customer interface and leadership roles in a demanding, multicultural environment. Experience in leading (virtual) sales teams is considered a major advantage in being successful in this role. Customer focus and service mind-set also in tough situations is natural to you and the business, market and customer understanding enables you to create and develop customer relationships with long term thinking. Qualified candidates must be a great communicator both in- and externally and have the capability to interact and listen to the customer at high level. Qualified candidates must have a can-do attitude in a constantly changing environment and ability to work under pressure, whether from results or schedule, showing a passion for execution and strive to make things happen.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Marine industry.
- Established customer network in the Marine industry.
- Strong understanding of customers business and ability to develop related value propositions.
- Ability to understand and communicate the technical challenges our customers are facing.
- Good value selling understanding, with focus on the life cycle (preferably in the Marine industry).
- Excellent communications skills (exercises active listening, builds trust in networks and relationships and gives feedback in constructive manner).
- Strong sales, contract negotiations, planning and presentation skills.
- Team player attitude internally and externally.
- Entrepreneurial drive with hunter mind-set.
- Eager and competent to engage in C-level discussions.
- Experience with CRM systems and ability to use the Microsoft Office 365 product suite.
- Self-disciplined, a self-starter and ability to operate in a fast-paced and changing market environment.
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals (+/- 50%).
- Language: Fluent English, second language is a plus.
Contact person to give further information:
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/en/careers/vacancies .
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer