PSL Receives USCG Meritorious Public Service Award
Facility Security Officers (FSO) workgroup meeting, Lester Millet III, Port of South Louisiana’s (PSL) Safety Risk Agency Manager and InfraGard Louisiana President, was presented with the United States Coast Guard (USCG) Meritorious Public Service Award by Captain Wayne R. Arguin, USCG Sector New Orleans Captain of the Port. Some of the achievements Mr. Millet was recognized for included the following:
• As Chairman of PSL’s FSO workgroup (2007 to present), Mr. Millet expanded membership from 25 to over 800 public and private stakeholders. PSL’s FSO workgroup is recognized as one of the largest in the country and considered a best practice model by USCG
• Mr. Millet has organized and conducted numerous free training opportunities, including the following: Three successful FBI Explosive Awareness Training events, two major FBI Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) conferences, a Chemical Facility Antiterrorism Standards (CFATS) Awareness course, and an FSO Refresher course
• Establishment of notification protocols for aerial flyovers and U.S. Corps of Engineers hydro surveying, which significantly reduced erroneous suspicious activity reporting to the National Response Center (NRC), thereby saving several hundred hours of unwarranted investigations by USCG and the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF)
• Through a vetted distribution list, Mr. Millet has shared situational awareness with 800 + local, state, and federal public and private stakeholders
• Mr. Millet’s collective work as President of InfraGard Louisiana
The products and services herein described in this press release are not endorsed by The Maritime Executive.