United Arab Shipping Company (S.A.G.) scooped three of the industry’s highest awards last night (Monday 18th November) at the 10th Anniversary Seatrade Middle East & Indian Subcontinent Awards.
Ship Owner Owner/Operator Awards; Shipping Company of the Year and Deal of the Year were all awarded to UASC who joined more than 800 of the who’s who of the region’s maritime and shipping industry at Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai.
Knows as the ‘Oscars’ of the maritime world, 29 awards were given to individuals, organisations and companies who were honoured from across the region during the glittering awards dinner which also saw a keynote address from guest of honour for the evening, HE Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Chairman, DP World.
Chris Hayman, Chairman of Seatrade, organisers of the event said: “The companies that were both shortlisted for the awards and those that were winners have shown exemplary levels of achievement, in areas such as technical and operational innovation, commitment to safety and quality, social and environmental responsibility, business acumen and development of human resources. Seatrade salutes them all.”
The evening also featured six special awards presented to individuals who have made exceptional contributions to the industry in the region and have dominated the headlines. This included the Seatrade Lifetime Achievement Award which was presented to HE Eng Abdulaziz Al-Tuwaijri, President, Saudi Ports Authority.
Please find below the full list of winners:
- The Corporate Social Responsibility Award – DP World UAE Region
- The Environment Protection Award – Gulf Energy Maritime (GEM) PJSC
- The Safety & Quality Award - ABS
- The Technical Innovation Award – DNV
- The Education & Training Award – ADNATCO & NGSCO
- The Ship Owner/Operator Award – United Arab Shipping Company (S.A.G.)
- The Ship Repair/Shipyard Award - Nakilat - Keppel Offshore & Marine (N-KOM)
- The Port Authority Award – Sohar Port and Freezone
- The Free Zone Authority Award – Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA)
- The Ship Agent Award – Samsara Group
- The Marine Insurance Award – Islamic P&I Club
- The Tanker Operator Award – The National Shipping Company of Saudi Arabia (BAHRI)
- The Bulk Operator Award – Emarat Maritime
- The Marine & Offshore Services Award – Halul Offshore Services Company W.L.L.
- The Classification Society Award - DNV
- The Container Terminal Operator Award - DP World UAE Region
- The Workboats Award -Topaz Energy and Marine
- The Maritime Law Award - Fichte & Co Legal Consultancy
- The Ship Finance Award – Qatar National Bank S.A.Q. (QNB Group)
- The Ship Manager Award – Oman Ship Management Company S.A.O.C.
- The Energy: Oil and Gas Award – Qatar Petroleum Industrial Cities
- Deal of the Year – United Arab Shipping Company (S.A.G.) for the world’s largest and greenest container vessels newbuilding contract
- Shipping Company of the Year – United Arab Shipping Company (S.A.G.)
- Seatrade Personality of the Year – Dr. Ali Obaid Al-Yabhouni, Chief Executive Officer, ADNATCO & NGSCO
- The Seatrade Outstanding Achievement Award – Khalifa bin Ali Al-Hetmi, President & CEO, MILAHA
- The Seatrade Lifetime Achievement Award – HE Eng Abdulaziz Al-Tuwaijri, President, Saudi Ports Authority
- Seatrade Maritime Excellence Award – HE Khamis Juma Buamim, Chairman and Group CEO, Drydocks World and Maritime World
- Seatrade Chairman’s Special Award – HE Sheikh Talal Al-Khalid Al-Sabah, Board Member (Chief Executive Officer), Kuwait Oil Tanker Company S.A.K.
- Seatrade Young Person of the Year – Salah Ibrahim Sharaf, Director General, Sharaf Group
The date of next year’s Seatrade Middle East & Indian Subcontinent Awards has been announced as 27th October 2014.
The products and services herein described in this press release are not endorsed by The Maritime Executive.