Operations or Senior Operations Manager - CLIPPER BULK - Denmark, Copenhagen
|Application Closing Date||15-03-2018|
Clipper is an industry leader in dry-bulk, an operator, a pool manager and a specialist in steel services. We operate a modern fleet of approximately 150-170 handysize and supramax vessels, transporting a wide range of cargo from dry bulk to break bulk. Clipper is commercially headquartered in Copenhagen and employs a staff of 200 on shore worldwide. We are a global workplace with strong values where we welcome the right mindset, curiosity and ambition. Find out more at www.clipper-group.com.
As an Operations or Senior Operations Manager in Clipper Bulk A/S in Copenhagen, you will be part of a strong,highly skilled and experienced team of Bulk Operators – with colleague Operators in the Far East and in the Americas.
Our vessels are traded worldwide, and your dedicated work and decisions will have a direct impact on the bottom line. You, and the Operations team, are considered “key persons” in our endeavors to optimize the results.
Clipper, among other special services, manages several shipping pools and hosts various types of Bulkers ranging from Handysize to Ultramax vessels. Shipowners worldwide trust Clipper with these vessels and the Operations Department plays a very important part in Clipper’s role as “Pool Manager”. Currently we head five shipping pools and this area continues to grow.
PASSION AND TALENT FOR OPERATIONS
We expect your work experience to be within Bulk Operations, and personally you:
• Have close personal contact with our Charterers and Shipowners as well as with Agents, Captains, Port Captains, Surveyors and other service providers worldwide.
• Work closely with our Chartering Department as well as our in-house Operations Control, Insurance & Claims, Bunkers, Performance monitoring and Technical departments.
• Ensure optimal operations and create value for Clipper and our customers.
As an experienced Bulk Operator “you know the drill” and, in theory, you can operate your own fleet of vessels from “day one”.
IMPACT ON THE BOTTOM LINE
Your responsibilities will be to:
• Have a commercial mindset that shows, when you strive to impact the results of all the fixtures/voyages you operate.
• Are well-organized with a strong overview of all your tasks.
• Can commit to our values: Dynamic, dependable, innovative and hands-on.
• Are a team player that contributes to knowledge sharing across the company
• Hold a Danish work permit
We offer a challenging and independent job, a good working environment, a competitive compensation package, and good working conditions in modern facilities with an excellent lunch scheme, fitness room and several staff activities.
The recruitment process is handled by MARPRO Search & Selection. For questions, please contact Managing Director Jakob le Fevre: T: +45 61606062.
Deadline for applications is March 15th but please apply asap. since we take candidates in for interviews on a running base and remove this ad in case we find the right candidate.
If you have questions, please contact Managing Director Jakob le Fevre from MARPRO at +45 6160 6062.
If you want to apply for the position, please click APPLY and include your CV and cover letter.
The opinions expressed herein are the author's and not necessarily those of The Maritime Executive.