Maritime Industry to Hold Public Meeting on NPREP
Leaders the maritime industry will convene in Washington, D.C. on June 19 with representatives of the relevant government agencies to have a dialogue addressing concerns with, and ways to improve, the recently published draft National Preparedness for Response Exercise Program (NPREP) Guidelines.
Preparing for the contingency of a maritime casualty has long been a priority of the industry, which has often been at the leading edge of improved standards and training. Therefore, it is considered of the utmost importance that a public meeting be held to address any concerns as these are issues that are of vital interest to many communities across the country.
The meeting particulars are:
Date: Thursday, June 19, 2014
Place: Washington, D.C., Ronald Reagan International Trade Building, Polaris Suite,
Time: 1-4 PM
The event will be televised and a transcript made available to any interested parties.
Participating organizations include:
• American Salvage Association
• Association of Petroleum Industry Cooperative Managers
• Chamber of Shipping of America
• Cruise Lines International Association
• Lake Carriers Association
• North America Marine Environment Protection Association
• Passenger Vessel Association
• Spill Control Association of America
• Women’s International Shipping and Trading Association
If you are interested in attending this important meeting, please register by sending your name, position, company affiliation, e-mail and telephone number to Ms. Patricia Welch via email@example.com.
The products and services herein described in this press release are not endorsed by The Maritime Executive.