Sandy: Transportation Facilities Update
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey reports the following update on conditions at its transportation facilities as of this morning.
- LaGuardia Airport will open both runways tomorrow, Thursday, November 1, at 7:00 a.m., however carriers will be providing limited service.
- JFK International, Newark International, and Stewart International Airports are open, but flight service is not fully restored and varies by carrier.
- Teterboro Airport is open for service during daylight hours.
As airports ramp up service this week, passengers are strongly urged to confirm with their individual carriers regarding flight status in the coming days before traveling to the airports.
Rail service on AirTrain Newark is fully operational within the airport and to the Northeast Corridor Rail Station. AirTrain JFK remains suspended until further notice. Bus service will be provided to and from the airport and AirTrain JFK stations.
Tunnels and Bridges
- The George Washington Bridge, Goethals Bridge, Bayonne Bridge and Outerbridge Crossing remain open.
- The Lincoln Tunnel remains open.
- The Holland Tunnel is closed under further notice.
All PATH service is suspended until further notice.
Port Authority Bus Terminal Limited bus service resumed this morning at the Port Authority Bus Terminal. Passengers are urged to check with their carrier before leaving for the bus terminal.
World Financial Ferry Terminal
Ferries are running between New Jersey and New York from 7 a.m. until 6:30 p.m., starting from Paulus Hook, Weehawken and Hoboken North at 14th Street and going to the World Financial Ferry Terminal in Battery Park City.
The Port Authority's maritime facilities are closed until further notice.
Port Authority staff and engineers remain on site at all Port Authority facilities to inspect conditions and assess damage. Our primary goal is to ensure the safety of our workers and those who use our facilities. We will resume operations at our facilities as early as possible, but only when it is safe to do so.