Easter with Seafarers' House
This special release of our E-Newsletter provides details about our Easter Plans. We hope you will join us!
Seafarers' House at Port Everglades is proud to be a leader in a nearly 200 year tradition of maritime ministry active in hundreds of ports worldwide - welcoming visiting mariners to our shores and sharing the gifts of hospitality and fellowship. In 2010, the Year of the Seafarer, Seafarers' House was named one of the top five seafarers' centers in the world and was the only center in the Americas to be included in that list. The list was based on nominations from over 2000 mariners all over the world solicited by the International Committee for Seafarers' Welfare.
Easter Sunrise Service on the Beach
Seafarers' House is delighted that the Fort Lauderdale Business and Professional Women's Club has once again chosen to support our mission through the celebration of Easter Sunrise Service on the Beach! This year's service will be the 77th in this wonderful and very moving tradition. Officiating will be Pastor Jym Kay with Calvary Chapel. Come dressed as you are and sing great hymns of Easter!
- Service Start: 6:30 AM
- Site: Ft. Lauderdale's South Beach
- Where is that?: Picnic Area across from Bahia Mar hotel - Seabreeze Blvd./A1A
- Officiating: Pastor Jym Kay of Calvary Chapel
- Soloist: Marc Frost
- Parking: Parking from 5 AM to 8AM in the City Lot
- Bring: Blanket or Beach Chair
- Free Will Offering will benefit: BPW Scholarship Fund, Cooperative Feeding Program and Seafarers' House. Checks may be payable to 'Easter Sunrise Service'.
Easter Service at Seafarers' House
Seafarers' House will host a Roman Catholic Mass in our own chapel at Casa del Marino inside Port Everglades. Mariners, port community and all friends and supporters are welcome to join us for Mass and fellowship on this special day. This is a very casual service - come to sing and enjoy!
- Service Start: 12:15 pm
- Site: Seafarers' House Chapel in Port Everglades
- Where is that?: 1800 32nd Street, Port Everglades, FL
- Officiating: Fr. Frederico DeSouza
- Questions: Contact Program Staff: 954- 734-1580
- Free Will Offering: Will benefit Seafarers' House
- EVERYONE WELCOME!
Learn more at www.seafarershouse.org