ABS will present an overview of upcoming environmental regulations and energy management trends that will impact vessel operators around the world and discuss how ABS is positioned to assist vessel designers, builders, owners and operators. Presenters will discuss the comprehensive approach ABS is utilizing to assist clients meet future environmental requirements, which includes the latest developments in ABS fleet management software (Nautical Systems - NS).
Topics covered will include:
- Future regulations: Preparing for what is coming and staying ahead of curve
- Energy Efficiency Design Index
- Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plans: Upcoming challenges that ship-operators will be facing
- Ballast Water Treatment Systems
- New NS Energy & Environmental Software
WHO: Tom Kirk, Director- Environmental Programs; Fernando Lehrer, Vice President- ABS Nautical Systems
WHAT: Presentation on upcoming environmental regulations impacting the maritime industry and ABS efforts to assist industry in meeting forthcoming requirements.
WHEN: Tuesday, March 20, 2012; 8:00am- 9:00am; Continental Breakfast will be provided
WHERE: Shipping 2012- Connecticut Maritime Association; Charter Oak Boardroom; Hilton Stamford Hotel - One First Stamford Place, Stamford, CT 06902