[VIDEO] Tribute to Captain Tim Brown (KP '65), International President (Retired), IOMMP
Maritime Dinner Program - Guest Registration began at 5:30PM, provided by Joanne R. Hicks (‘A) Membership Chairman and Richard Pais ‘80 Finance Committee Chairman, KP Chesapeake Chapter. We received over 200 guest registrations for this special tribute to Captain Tim Brown!
Our Maritime Industry Dinner Program began at 6:30PM with a March On – Presentation of Colors provided by Chief Petty Officer Edwin Craig, USN (Ret.) - Naval Science Instructor (NSI) and the Baltimore Maritime Industries Academy NJROTC Cadet Color Guard. Captain Arthur Jensen (KP ’44) – lead our recitation of the “Pledge of Allegiance to The Flag”.
The Welcome, Opening Remarks, Purpose & Recognitions was jointly provided by the Evening Event Partners, Gary G. Hicks (KP ’76) - President, USMMA KP Alumni - Chesapeake Chapter & Chairman, USMMA KPA-CPA, and Captain Donald J. Marcus (KP ’79) - International President, International Organization of Masters, Mates and Pilots.
Our Invocation was graciously rendered by Monsignor John L. FitzGerald Ph.D., Captain, USN (Ret.) – Director of the Apostleship of the Sea - Port of Baltimore.
The Dinner Menu featured a 3 entrée unlimited buffet, including Carving Station, Salads, Breads, Beverages & a large variety Desserts. The Cash Bar was open until 9:00PM.
Our Speaker Program began at 7:20PM with Speaker(s) Tributes to Captain Tim Brown (KP ’65), President (Retired), IOMMP.
Our “Special Tribute Presenters” included:
- The Honorable Helen Delich Bentley, former Congresswoman (R-MD) & Past Chairman, Federal Maritime Commission
- Ernie Grecco – President, AFL-CIO - Metropolitan Baltimore Council AFL-CIO Unions
- Captain Bob Darley – Vice President- Atlantic Ports (Retired) - International Organization of Masters, Mates and Pilots
- Captain Curtis Fitzgerald - USMMA Alumni Class of 1965
- VADM Albert J. Herberger (KP '55), USN (Ret.) - Former Maritime Administrator, U.S. DOT, Maritime Administration
- RADM Mark H. “Buz” Buzby (KP ’79), USN - Commander, Military Sealift Command
Click HERE for more information.
Photos available HERE.