2008 ASBA Annual Cargo Conference: What's on the Horizon?
MarEx is the Corporate Media Sponsor for this Annual Cargo Conference, set to kick off on September 28th in Miami, FL.
Sunday, September 28th
Welcome Buffet Reception - 7:30 – 9:30 pm
Sponsored by: General Steamship Agencies, Inc. / Glander International Inc. / Port of Pensacola / Moran Shipping Agencies, Inc. / Seabulk Towing
Tuesday, September 30th
Closing Golf Outing – 12:30 pm Doral – Blue Monster
Golf prize Sponsor: Armada Shipping, Inc.
Conference Day 1 - Monday, September 29th
DORAL Golf Resort & Spa – Miami, FL
Continental Breakfast Sponsor - Responsive Technology
I. Tanker Panel
1. Vetting – Doug McCormick – Manager, Marine Assurance, Chevron Shipping Company LLC
2. Suezmax Market - Robin Heath – Chartering Specialist, Gemini Tankers LLC
3. Chemical Market - Jack Noonan – President, Chembulk Tankers
II. Dry Cargo Panel
1. Forest Products - Rhoda Voth, Manager, North America East Coast, Saga Forest Carriers
2. US Flag: International & Coastwise - Sal Litrico – President and Chief Executive Officer / United Maritime Group
3. Grain & Rice – Ashish Mathur, Vice President, ADM Rice, Inc.
Lunch with Keynote Speaker – Lars-Peter Madsen, Managing Partner, Armada Group
Lunch Sponsor: Crescent Towing
Emeril's Miami Beach – Bus Departs 6:30 p.m. (Reservations Required – Register Early!)
Sponsored by: Inchcape Shipping Services / J. Lauritzen (USA), Inc. / OSG Ship Management, Inc. / Veson Nautical
Conference Day 2 - Tuesday, September 30th
Continental Breakfast Sponsor - Maritime Information Systems, Inc.
1. A Look to the Future: What the November Elections will mean for American Leadership in the Global Economy – Daniel T. Griswold – Director, Center for Trade Policy Studies – Cato Institute
2. Shipping Finance – Reidar Brekke – President, Energy Capital Solutions, Inc.
3. The Future of the Oceans in a Warmer Climate – Dr. Brian Soden, Professor at the University of Miami
4. Global Warming Science, Policy, and their Effect of Global Trade - Dr. Roy Spencer, Author and Principal Research Scientist of the University of Alabama
5. Market Trends – Dr. Arlie Sterling – President, Marsoft, Inc.
Closing Speaker – Michael Ogle, President of ASBA & Ruggiero & Ogle Motorship Agency, Inc.
Program Sponsor: TBS Shipping Services Inc.
Media Sponsor: The Maritime Executive
Link to newsletter archive